RF Cartessa or PRP Microneedling
Also known as collagen induction therapy is done at RevivaMed using two different devices. We offer RF Virtue by Cartessa which is the most effective Italian technology in Microneedling, in order to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, scars from acne, or previous surgeries and scars in addition to helping stimulate collagen. We also provide Microneedling with PRP which is using your own stem cell as a stimulant to enhance collagen production. Both of these treatments are indicated for preventing and treating signs of aging. Using STERILE and tiny needles, we improve body’s natural ability to repair and heal therefore improve scars, fine line, reduce pore size and improve texture and firmness of the skin. Microneedling can kick-start your body’s own natural collagen production by encouraging skin to heal on its own. At RevivaMed, our aestheticians combine microneedling with PRP to further improve your results.
When To Consider Microneedling
If lasers sound too intense for you, microneedling can offer a very similar result. By adding PRP or RF we enhance your body’s natural healing, stimulating collagen, giving you a tighter skin with glow and smaller pore sizes.
RF and PRP can both stimulate the body’s natural wound healing, which results in cell turn-over, increased collagen and elastin production, which is the key to smoother, firmer, and even-looking skin.
- Stimulates growth of collagen and elastin, which is the key to new, youthful-looking skin
- Can prevent new fine lines and wrinkles from form and treat existing fine lines, crow’s feet, and deep wrinkles
- Increasing collagen growth can reverse sun damage and discoloration
- Increasing elastin growth can tighten loose skin, making this a great treatment for older men and women
- Able to treat multiple of the body, such as the face, chest, legs, or buttocks
- Acne scar treatment has comparable results to fractional laser, with fewer side effects and less downtime. Also effective for treating stretch marks.
- There is minimal downtime, making it an effective maintenance treatment
- Improves the absorption of medical-grade serums
- Minimal discomfort with treatment
- Unable to treat if you have a cystic acne breakout
- Unable to wear makeup for a few days following treatment
- Involves multiple microneedle punctures
- Redness can take a few days to dissipate
- Requires multiple treatments. Regular maintenance gives optimal results.
Detailed Procedural Info
How is a Microneedling procedure performed?
The treatment itself only takes about 30 minutes as we ensure 3 passes in most areas. First, numbing cream is applied to the area being treated (please let us know if you have any allergies to Lidocaine as your safety is always our top priority), and to ensure your comfort we may leave the numbing on for 30 min. Looking at your skin and your needs, we adjust the Virtue RF or the Pen using various depth of the needle as well as various energy level for RF. The amazing benefit of a microneedling treatment is that it can be combined with PRP (platelet-rich plasma), Hyaluronic Acid, TXA for softening brown spots and brightening your dark unwanted pigments and other brightening products. By making thousands of invisible channels in your skin, medical-grade serums can more readily penetrate your skin, making them work much more effectively.
What does Microneedling feel like?
We apply numbing cream prior to treatment which include Lidocaine. Microneedling shouldn’t be too uncomfortable. You can expect the skin to be a little pink, at the worst; you may have a few tiny scabs that will fade in a few days.
Preparing For Your Procedure.
Prior to your procedure, please do the following recommendation:
- Moisturize regularly, avoid exposure to the sun, and wear sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher
- Stop smoking for at least 6 weeks prior, to encourage better healing
- Avoid Aspirin, and other medication or herbal supplements that encourage bleeding
- Do not use Retin-A or other skin creams that affect skin sensitivity
- Let us know if you are taking antibiotics as some increase skin sensitivity
- If you have been diagnosed with the herpes virus, you may want to take antiviral medication to reduce the chance of an outbreak on the day of the procedure
- No matter what procedure is performed, hydration is very important, both before and afterwards.
Come to your procedure with perfectly clean skin. About fifteen minutes prior to the procedure, we apply numbing cream. We can decide together if you would like the RF microneedling or the pen in order to penetrates your skin, creating small channels in the epidermis to ensure that the PRP or medical-grade serum is fully absorbed.
Aftercare And Recovery
For a few days after the treatment you should avoid putting on any makeup or Retin-A. Remember, your skin is optimally prepped to absorb medical-grade serums at this point, so take advantage of the opportunity to make your skin even better.
How Many Sessions and How Long Will the Results Last?
Microneedling can be used as a corrective treatment and also as a maintenance part of your anti-aging regimen. The number of sessions needed depend on the skin condition being treated. Fine lines and laxity in the skin should be treated every three to six months. Severe acne scarring should be treated once a month for four to six months. Treatment on the rest of the body, particularly those that have stretch marks, usually require four to six sessions. Afterwards, you can come in once a year for a touch-up, or whenever you feel your skin could use a little extra glow.
Insurance does not cover the cost of micro needling in our office. The cost of microneedling treatments are dependent on the areas being treated and the number of treatments necessary for optimal results. A complementary consultation will allow us to evaluate and create a treatment program that will meet your needs.
Limitations And Risks
Injectable fillers – Do not do microneedling within two weeks of injection with dermal fillers or volumizers to avoid potential unwanted inflammatory response.
Concurrent use of anticoagulant medication – Anticoagulant medications, such as Coumadin, may contribute to prolonged bleeding. Under no circumstances should medication for a serious health condition be discontinued in favor of aesthetic issues.
Presence of palmar or plantar keloid scarring – Use of microneedling may exacerbate scarring on the palms or soles. When needling clients with keloid scars, antihistamine therapy may inhibit unwanted inflammation.